Monday 27 April 2015

Why I am standing in Barnsley.

Kevin Riddiough


Why I am standing in the Barnsley East constituency of South Yorkshire in the 2015 General Election.

1/ Why Barnsley East? – I have lived in Barnsley all my life, as we say a born and bred Yorkshire lad. I consider myself to be a proud Yorkshire and Englishman. I am honoured to be standing as your local candidate for Barnsley East constituency and the the Rockingham ward. Your views, concerns, wants and needs are very important to me. Local concerns will never be over ruled by party politics. You the voter come first. Barnsley Labour thinks it is their right to run our council as they see fit, regardless of your wishes or needs. Now is the time to send them a message. We want real representation, and the ballot box is where it will happen.

2/ Why the English Democrats ? – Currently we live in a so called “United Kingdom” but devolution in 1998 by the British Labour party fundamentally changed the United Kingdom and changed England to become the 4th most important Nation within the United Kingdom. My objective and that of the English Democrats is to put England FIRST, not 4th. Those living in England, suffer from all manner of inequalities compared to those living in Ireland, Scotland and Wales – collectively these people receive a staggering additional £49 Billion per year in public expenditure compared to those living in England. This is via the bribe called the Barnett Formula that was put in place in the 1970’s to try to dampen down Scottish and Welsh Nationalism in particular.
The Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats and UKIP are so embarrassed about this figure that they have ALL agreed NOT to talk about it. It is quite frankly disgusting that people who claim to represent English constituencies do not debate this – instead they allow the English Taxpayer to continue to subsidise Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
This has been going on now for over 30 years, simple maths tells you how much the English Taxpayer has given away to Scotland !

3/ Out of the EU – English Democrats want to take England out of the European Union via a referendum and re-join EFTA, the European Free Trade Association, this will save a further £9 Billion per year, on top of the £49 Billion saved by leaving Scotland, Wales and Ireland, if “they” want to stay in the EU, that’s up to them.

4/ Only humanitarian Foreign Aid – When the main political parties tell the English that we need to “tighten our belts”, it is totally absurd that they continue to want to give away £10 Billion a year to other countries when the British Government is still paying out more than it is receiving in tax and hence further increasing the National Debt, which is going to be a painful debt for our Grandchildren to pay for years to come.
5/ English Culture & Identity – I am proud of my English Nationality, and I want to live in an England, where I am free to express my English Identity, without challenge or disapproval. I am offended that I have to defend my right to express my English identity, when I was born English, live in England and speak English and over 60% of people feel the way I do according to the 2011 Census in England.

6/ Radicals/extremists and the terrorist threat – we have to end this menace in England, just like it is being done throughout Northern Europe, in England we should only have English Law in England and the state should promote only English Customs and Traditions.

I would be delighted to become the first elected “English MP” to represent England and its people, in the way that Nicola Sturgeon Leader of the SNP has vowed to put “Scotland First” in the UK Parliament, I wish to put “England and its people First” – we urgently need English representatives on the UK Parliament to finally stand up for ENGLAND and THE ENGLISH.


Kevin Riddiough
Barnsley East parliamentary candidate.
English Democrats – “Putting England First !”

No comments:

Post a Comment